How to Pray the Rosary
Updated: May 18, 2021
Basic Rosary Guide
How To Use Rosary Beads
You can even Book mark this page to reference or share with others
1. At the crucifix, begin with the Sign of the Cross and say the Apostles Creed.
2. On the first large bead say the Our Father prayer 3. Followed by three Hail Mary prayers. It is
customary to say "I offer these three Hail Marys
for the increase in the virtues of faith, hope and
◦ Faith - pray to increase your faith in God
◦ Hope - pray for a deeper desire and hope
◦ Charity - pray to have a deeper love for
your neighbours for the sake of your love
4. Then say one Glory Be prayer. Now you are at the
medal that joins the beads. Here announce any
prayer intentions you have.
Then announce the first Joyful, Luminous,
Sorrowful or Glorious Mystery depending upon
what mysteries you are meditating on this
At this point you may read a meditation or look at
a picture of the mystery that will aid in your
5. Then begin the decade with one Our Father all the
while keeping hold of the medal.
6. On the ten small beads that follow pray ten Hail
7. Followed by one Glory Be Prayer.
8. Then the Fatima Prayer.
9. When you come to the large bead, announce the
second respective mystery, look at a meditation
aid then pray one Our Father.
10. On the ten small beads pray another set of ten
Hail Marys followed by one Glory Be and the
Fatima Prayer called a decade, as before.
11. Continue this pattern of announcing the mystery
and praying a decade. Do this for the third, fourth
and fifth mystery consecutively followed by one Our Father, ten Hail Marys, one
Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer.
12. After the fifth and final decade has been prayed, after the Fatima Prayer, pray the
Hail Holy Queen prayer.
13. It is customary to finish the Rosary prayers with the "Let us Pray" prayer from the
Breviary followed by the Saint Michael Prayer.
14. Now just as you began, end with the Sign of the Cross.